Integration of the Viva Wallet with your WooCommerce ecommerce website offers a convenient and secure way for customers to pay online and complies with Payment Card Industry standards.
One of the benefits of using Viva Wallet is they accept businesses which are classified as high risk, most notably, this includes online shops which are selling CBD products such as CBD Oil.
Payments from your customers are processed through the Viva servers by redirecting your customers to the Viva Wallet checkout webpage to enter their bank card details. This eliminates the requirement for your business to be concerned about payment security as all security and PCI compliance is handled by Viva Wallet.
Before we start! Does Viva Wallet work with Shopify?
Recently we have been receiving many messages asking whether Viva Wallet integrates with Shopify, the answer is YES. Please follow this link: How to link Viva Wallet to your Shopify Website.
How to install Viva Wallet to WordPress & WooCommerce
Firstly, download the most recent version of the Viva Wallet WordPress plugin by clicking here.
Step 1 – Go to the WordPress Admin page, select plugins and click on ‘add new’
Step 2 – At the top of the page, click the Upload Plugin button’
Step 3 – Select the.zip file from your computer that you downloaded above
Step 4 – Hit the ‘install now’ button and when prompted, click ‘activate’
How To Configure The Viva Wallet WordPress Plugin
How to Configure the Plugin
In order to take payments via the WooCommerce Viva Wallet gateway plugin, you need to have an active Viva Wallet account for businesses. To link the payment plugin to your Viva Wallet account, head to the WooCommerce dashboard and heading into ‘Settings’, then ‘Checkout’, then ‘Viva Wallet’.
In order to take payment via your WooCommerce ecommerce store, you must link a Viva Wallet payment source to your WooCommerce store. To do this:
Step 1 – Head to your Viva Wallet account and visit Sales, then click Online Payments, then click on Websites/Apps when it appears.
Step 2 – To create a new source, click on ‘New Website/App’ which is located towards the top right of the screen and the screen below will appear.
Complete the fields as follows:
- Code – the four-digit number in the top-left of the dialog box is the ‘Source Code’. Make a note of it for use in your plugin.
- Source Name – give your payment source a source name so you can recognise it in your reports.
- Linked Wallet – link the payment source to the required wallet.
- Protocol – if your e-commerce platform uses SSL on the checkout, select https, otherwise use http.
- Domain Name – enter the domain name to be associated (without the protocol. i.e. use [(www.)yourdomain.com], not http://[yourdomain].com). If the site uses www, it must be specified and visa versa.
- Integration method – leave this with redirection selected.
- Company Logo – a PNG of your company logo to be displayed on the Viva Wallet payment page.
- Success URL – enter index.php?wc-api=wc_vivawallet&vivawallet=success
- Failure URL – enter index.php?wc-api=wc_vivawallet&vivawallet=fail
Click on the Create button to finish creating the payment source.
* Once the payment source moves from a status of ‘Pending’ to ‘Active’ in the Website/Apps list, it’s ready to use. This should take no longer than 24 hours.
How To Add Your Viva Wallet Details To WordPress/WooCommerce
Step 1 – Choose Settings from the WooCommerce menu in the left navigation and then click on the Payments tab at the top of the page to display the WooCommerce Payment Methods list.
Ensure that the Vivawallet toggle is enabled and click on the Manage button next to the Vivawallet entry at the bottom of the list. Click on the button Manage.
Step 2 – A Viva Wallet-specific settings page will be displayed. In the Merchant ID, API Key and Source Code fields, enter the previously noted values.
Click on the Save changes button. You are now ready to start receiving payments through Viva Wallet within your WooCommerce plugin on WordPress.