These days, websites are usually a customer’s first point of contact with a business, so making a good first impression is often dependent on the experience that these sites offer to their visitors. Out of all the elements that can add value to a WordPress website, chat plugins are without a doubt one of the most effective customization features to consider.
WordPress chat plugins are self-explanatory: they give people the possibility to connect with a company’s representative via messaging, enabling businesses to engage with their website visitors in real-time.
There are multiple benefits to implementing a chat plugin on a website, as follows:
- It collects data – A chat plugin not only gives businesses the opportunity to interact with their audience with ease but also to collect statistical data about their users, such as location, requests, pages they visit, etc. By providing valuable insights into customers’ behavior and needs, chat plugins allow businesses to gain a better understanding of their audience and use the information at hand to make better data-driven decisions.
- It collects feedback – Want to know what your customers are thinking about your products/services? A live chat feature can provide the answers you’re looking for by collecting user feedback. Consumers also prefer websites with live chat options where they can leave feedback or have someone answer their questions.
- It provides support – Chat plugins make it easier for businesses to provide effective and timely customer support. Response time is one of the most important factors in ensuring a good customer experience, so a chat plugin can deliver the instant support that customers expect these days.
- It improves customer interaction – Live chat is usually the channel that produces the best results in terms of customer satisfaction. When businesses provide quick and effective support through live chat, it builds trust with their customers, which leads to higher satisfaction levels.As a result, businesses get a clear overview of customer satisfaction and implement the right strategies to improve their offering.
- For sentiment analysis – Chat plugins facilitate sentiment analysis, helping businesses determine how customers feel about their brand and the products/services they offer.
How to add a live chat plugin on a WordPress website
Adding a live chat functionality to your WordPress site should be a simple and straightforward process as long as you follow the necessary steps. You don’t have to build a live chat feature from scratch, as there’s a wide variety of pre-built plugins that you can install on your site with minimal time and effort. It’s as easy as going to the Plugins section in your WordPress admin dashboard, and following the instructions step by step.
But before you proceed to installation, you should get familiarized with the best practices. Different plugins have different features and levels of complexity. Some provide seamless integration with other apps and services or personalization options, allowing you to extend their functionality as you see fit. You’ll also need to focus on aspects such as chat box position, planning a response strategy, and testing before launching. All these factors can make the installation process a bit more difficult than expected.
Selecting the right chat plugin for your WordPress website
Considering not all live chat plugins are created equal, choosing the right option for your WordPress website is extremely important if you don’t want to risk disappointing your customers. So, we’ve put together this list with some of the best live chat plugins for WordPress to help you narrow down your options.
Although it’s been surpassed in popularity by WhatsApp in recent years, Facebook Messenger remains one of the most popular messaging apps to date. Since a large number of users are already familiar with the app, it makes sense to include it on your WordPress site through the Facebook Chat plugin. Some of the most important features to consider include:
- Messenger chat history
- Chat transcripts
- Messenger interface
- Auto replies and FAQ
As the number one messaging app in the world, with over 2 billion active users, WhatsApp gives businesses the possibility to connect with these users and convert them into customers by installing the WhatsApp Chat plugin. The plugin is meant to deliver seamless online support by providing a fast and easy way for customers to connect with businesses. Features include:
- WhatsApp button and contact box
- Two-button layouts
- Hide the button based on post types and taxonomies
- Vertical and horizontal position
- Custom shape & size for widget/button
- Multi-language supported
The hassle-free installation process, mobile friendliness, and support for email marketing integration and Facebook Messenger are some of the aspects that make Tidio one of the most appealing live chat plugins available. Designed specifically for WordPress users, Tidio supports over 200 languages and provides a number of customization options.
Other features worth considering:
- Free iOS & Android mobile app
- Live typing preview
- Built-in chatbots
- Over 20 integrations
- Automated conversations
Tawk is another live chat plugin that can integrate seamlessly with WordPress, making it easy for businesses to deliver personalized customer service in real time. Tawk is a great option for those in need of an efficient live chat plugin, but are low on budget, offering a wealth of features and functionalities to cover all needs and requirements.
Tawk allows you to:
- Monitor and chat with visitors on multiple WordPress websites
- Customize widget features
- Personalize greetings and share promos
- Create and assign tickets
- Share answers to FAQs and provide self-help to customers
Although it’s best known for its excellent email marketing tools, Sendinblue doesn’t disappoint when it comes to live chat either. It allows businesses to create a custom chat box functionality to match their specific needs through a simple code integration. Sendinblue is best suited for those looking for an all-in-one tool that can handle multiple tasks, including:
- Email marketing automation
- Setting up and managing Facebook ads
- Building landing pages
- SMS marketing
- Integrating live chat functionality
All of the above chat plugins can improve the performance of your WordPress by helping you connect with your customers in real time, provide the level of support they require and ensure a higher level of satisfaction.